Monowai Chardonnay 2016

Tasting Notes

A rich gold coloured wine with vibrant aromas of ripe stone fruit, orange zest and notes of toasty oak. Delicate balancing of fruit flavours, malolactic and oak influences have created a smooth, full bodied wine. Delicious ripe peach flavours abound on the palate, complimented by buttery, nutty notes and a hint of citrus which lends balance and length.

Winemaker's Notes

Fruit was selectively harvested at optimum ripeness, gently pressed and fermented between 12-15 ̊C to maximise freshness and aroma. 60% was fermented in Oak barrels and underwent malolactic fermentation while the other 40% was aged sur lie in stainless tanks to retain fruit freshness.

Region: Hawke's Bay
Alcohol: 13%  pH: 3.4  RS: <2g/L  
TA: 5.6g/L  

Cellaring

Delicious for drinking right now, this wine has the potential to cellar for another 5 years over which it will develop an added richness and complexity.

Food Match

This smooth Chardonnay would be the perfect match for a creamy pasta dish, or lemon baked chicken.

Buy Online

Bottle Price: $19.99Buy Now
Case Price (12 bottles): $199.99Buy Now

Other Vintages

Monowai Chardonnay 2015
Monowai Chardonnay 2014
Monowai Chardonnay 2013

Debug Mode currently enabled.
This has an impact on performance and should be turned off before the site is made live.