Monowai Chardonnay 2015

Tasting Notes

A rich, full bodied wine. Aromas are of stone fruits with buttery oak adding layers of complexity. A balance of fresh fruit, malolactic and oak influences have resulted in a wonderfully balanced palate, underscored by buttery, nutty notes and a hint of citrus.

Winemaker's Notes

Fruit was selectively harvested at optimum ripeness, gently pressed and fermented between 12-15˚C to maximise freshness and aroma. 60% was fermented in Oak barrels and underwent malolactic fermentation while the other 40% was aged sur lie in stainless tanks to retain fruit freshness. A portion of this wine underwent malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak barrels.

Region: Hawke's Bay
Alcohol: 13.5%  pH: 3.45  RS: <2g/L  
TA: 5.7g/L  


Delicious for drinking right now, this wine has the potential to cellar for another 5 years over which it will develop an added richness and complexity.

Food Match

This smooth Chardonnay would be the perfect match for a creamy pasta dish, or lemon baked chicken.

Buy Online

Bottle Price: $18.00Buy Now
Case Price (12 bottles): $216.00Buy Now

Other Vintages

Monowai Chardonnay 2014
Monowai Chardonnay 2013

Under the sale and supply of alcohol act 2012, we must confirm that you are 18 or over before you can enter our website

No I am not yet 18